Home Forums Music Grammys 2025 Predictions: Pop Field (Part 3)

Grammys 2025 Predictions: Pop Field (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 423 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 hours, 17 minutes ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ProfessorChaos
Gucci
daniel
    Topics:

My update July edition of Pop catergories frontrunner:

Pop Solo – Espresso
    Pop Duo – fortnight
    Pop Vocal album – HIT ME HARD AND SOFT
    Pop Dance Recording – Yes, And?

Migs

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

BPVA and BPSP feel very crowded this year, there’s so many contenders. For BPVA, I would say Ariana, Billie and Taylor are absolute locks. Sabrina is basically a lock too, I just say not as absolute since she has no previous Grammy nominations to base it on. The fifth slot is difficult for me to predict between Dua and Chappell. Dua is of course a previous BPVA winner and whilst Radical Optimism wasn’t as successful as Future Nostalgia, I’d be shocked if she missed BPVA especially because she’s been promoting it so much. But then, Chappell is having a moment right now and I could also see her getting in. I hope Gaga isn’t dropping in August now, because that’ll make things even more complicated!

I feel like this is a really polarizing statement I’m about to make but I could see them changing the number of BPVA nominees to fit both dua and chappell, cause I agree with what you said about them being towards the end in terms of getting a nomination

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I feel like this is a really polarizing statement I’m about to make but I could see them changing the number of BPVA nominees to fit both dua and chappell, cause I agree with what you said about them being towards the end in terms of getting a nomination

It shouldn’t be polarizing to predict more than 5 nominees. There have been six nominees before in the pop categories, and seven in BPDGP at the 2019 awards.

People like to talk about “ties”, but you’ll almost never find the Recording Academy making that claim. When you have thousands of voters, the probability of a tie should be very small. There is a good chance that they have allowed additional nominees from time to time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I believe the NARAS considers ties when submissions are separated by a certain small margin of votes, or when two nominees combined share a certain big percentage of the votes. But this is just my own theory.

Ugh how I wish there was transparency.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Gambino will be in Progressive R&B or Pop. Can’t see him anywhere else.

Lithonia will be in Pop Solo.
    In The Night will be in R&B

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Don’t you guys think he is submitting for Best Compilation Soundtrack?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I believe the NARAS considers ties when submissions are separated by a certain small margin of votes, or when two nominees combined share a certain big percentage of the votes. But this is just my own theory. Ugh how I wish there was transparency.

I believe this theory tho.

Sexy, confident. So intelligent.
    She is heaven-sent. So soft, so strong.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

These need to be Charli’s submissions, oh she would smash:

brat – AOTY, Dance/Electronic Album

360 – ROTY, Pop Dance Recording, Music Video

365 – Dance/Electronic Recording

The girl, so confusing version with Lorde – SOTY, Pop Duo/ Group Performance

Apple – Pop Solo Performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

These need to be Charli’s submissions, oh she would smash:

brat – AOTY, Dance/Electronic Album

360 – ROTY, Pop Dance Recording, Music Video

365 – Dance/Electronic Recording

The girl, so confusing version with Lorde – SOTY, Pop Duo/ Group Performance

Apple – Pop Solo Performance

I would do Apple in SOTY. It helps that it’s gonna be one of the first songs on the list, it’s mass viral, and it is actually likely the best written song on Brat.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Yayyy Boz is back!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Yayyy Boz is back!

Was sipping some piña colada in Brazil dear

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

How sure are we that Charli is submitting ”BRAT” for dance album?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I don’t see why she wouldn’t try there when this era has been explicitly labelled as a rave record. Also, not that iTunes placement means much, but te album is also labelled as Electronic on iTunes, so it’s clear her team knows that’s her main market. Worst case scenario she gets shifted to pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The fact that she has multiple genres to enter in the Pop categories further my argument that the screening panel will determine she made a Pop vocal album.

One of the results of the Dance Pop category will further the differences between an uptempo BPM synthesizer pop song and a song from the various dance music subgenres (house, techno, trance, progressive house, dubstep, trap, riddim, drum n bass, jungle, hardstyle, etc.)

You can make the argument that Beyonce & Break My Soul still qualified because that song (and much of the album) was rooted in the house genre.

*****20th Year on Gold Derby*****

For your Grammy consideration

Best New Artist: John Summit
    Best Dance Pop Recording - John Summit & Hayla - “Shiver”
    Best Dance/Electronic Album: Justice - “Hyperdrama”, John Summit - “Comfort in Chaos”
    Best Dance/Electronic Recording: Fred again.., Anderson .Paak & CHIKA - “places to be”, John Summit & Sub Focus ft Julia Church - “Go Back”

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The fact that she has multiple genres to enter in the Pop categories further my argument that the screening panel will determine she made a Pop vocal album. One of the results of the Dance Pop category will further the differences between an uptempo BPM synthesizer pop song and a song from the various dance music subgenres (house, techno, trance, progressive house, dubstep, trap, riddim, drum n bass, jungle, hardstyle, etc.) You can make the argument that Beyonce & Break My Soul still qualified because that song (and much of the album) was rooted in the house genre.

Or because Beyonce’s team gets away with anything out of fear of being called racist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 423 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.