Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2023-09-11

Thomas Monjalon thomas at monjalon.net
Wed Oct 4 17:06:21 CEST 2023

Members Attending: 10/11
        - Aaron Conole
        - Bruce Richardson
        - Ferruh Yigit
        - Honnappa Nagarahalli
        - Jerin Jacob
        - Kevin Traynor
        - Konstantin Ananyev
        - Maxime Coquelin
        - Stephen Hemminger
        - Thomas Monjalon (Chair)

NOTE: The Technical Board meetings take place every second Wednesday at 3 pm UTC.
Meetings are public, and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.
This meeting was special, in Dublin on September 11th before the summit.
Agenda and minutes can be found at http://core.dpdk.org/techboard/minutes

1/ What should be changed / improved in the board?
   Agenda must be advertised 2 days before (Monday)
       It can help to get interested people participating
   Minutes must be sent 2 days after (Friday)
   Long-standing topics must be added in Bugzilla
       https://bugs.dpdk.org/buglist.cgi?product=techboard&resolution=---
   Topics must have an ownership to help reaching a conclusion in a timely manner

2/ Member commitment
   Members should take action ownership on specific topics during the year

3/ Maintenance
   Workload: review, merge, cleanup
   More automations should be added
   More maintainers should be found for components and git branches
   We may ask marketing effort to motivate new maintainers

4/ LF funded projects (with related Slack channels)
   - Lab                    #infra-issues
   - Documentation rework   #doc-rework
   - Newsletter             #marketing
   - Blog
   - Webinar about 5G

5/ DTS
   One test suite integrated in the new DTS: scatter
   Can we have one full-time developer in UNH?

6/ Roadmap
   Which direction to give in growing code?
       Voices about going up in the stack.